Allstar Jessica Photography
“I DIDN’T JUST “PICK UP A CAMERA
Back in 2006 when I first picked up a professional quality camera, I knew the multiple cell phones I went through and my tiny point-and-shoot Nikon Coolpix was not worthy anymore. Starting from borrowing cameras, becoming one of the Yearbook photographers during high school and multiple high-quality camera phones using Instagram non-stop to edit, I eventually took the leap and bought my Canon 5D Mark iii. I just always had an eye for photography and the love for it even more kept my motivation high. My story is legit something out of a motivational journal
NEVER GIVE UP ON YOUR DREAMS
Seriously, it’s true. You can have all the lost hope in the world, but the desire to live your dream job will always be present with you. Others see me as full of hope, but that’s just on the outside. I’ve battled a tough decade to get to this point in my life. And here I am, doing what I love.
TAKING THAT LEAP
Throughout these last 12 years, I’ve never given up on this dream of mine. I made sure to keep my skills up to date and connect with the right people. 2016 surely came with the right people. There wasn’t a doubt in my mind I wasn’t going to take this opportunity to finally begin my photography business.
What makes me different than most is I honestly understand exactly what people want in their photos. I believe you should deliver images that you would want yourself.
I provide quality images with ease. It has always just come naturally to me. As often as you may hear this line among photographers, this is the honest truth. I’ve always had incredible attention to detail to the world around me.
I GENUINELY CARE
Working with people is all I want to do, it’s why I chose the path of a Mental Health Counselor before getting on track with photography. Being a bride myself, I know what needs to get done, and what clients desire in their photos. All while providing ideas for those who are unsure of what they want.
An added bonus is my clumsiness will allow myself to capture the best candid photos ever.
FUN FACTS ABOUT YOUR PHOTOGRAPHER:
You’re probably going to want to know a little bit more about myself than how I began my photography journey.
So here’s a list of all things “Jess” below:
- The one thing about me you will always realize the most is that I love to talk. Sometimes I talk too much. Sometimes I stumble over my words. And sometimes I’ll shout out “PUPPY” or “KITTY” mid conversation. Yes, my attention span is the one thing you’ll remember about me, despite my constantly changing hair color.
- I cry at the cutest of all animals. The sound of a kitten meowing will defeat me.
- I’m awkward and I know it. Anything I do or say is super awkward. People laugh at me, friends and family specifically. I love it. I laugh at my flaws. I believe it’s the best way to live really. Letting your own flaws defeat you only makes yourself feel worse about them. Own up to them, laugh at them, and view them as a unique personal quality. So when working with me, I may trip or fall, but trust me I’ll still get the image.
- I love helping people. In a sense this makes me nosey, however I want others to know I am there for them. This quality helps me work well with others.
- I absolutely love taking photos. I love it so much I have heard the line “Enjoy the moments you see in front of you, not behind a camera” way too many times in my life. I understand that, but photography is a passion of mine. It’s not typically about capturing a memory, but being creative with what I see. Of course, I do love reminiscing.
- I’m obsessed with Pokémon. Growing up I used to have all things Pokémon. This included a bed set, big plush character pillows, books, clothes, board games, and of course all the Pokémon cards I could get. And yes, I still have them. I even have a Pichu tattoo dressed as Link from Legend of Zelda.
- I’m all about DC and Marvel movies.
- If I could live in Harry Potter World, I would.
- Star Wars is life.
- Christmas is my favorite holiday. I start listening to Christmas music in August after my birthday. Once my birthday passes, my focus is on Christmas. Don’t worry, I won’t be singing or playing Christmas songs during our sessions (Unless you want me to!).
- I may be one of the clumsiest people you’ll ever meet in your entire life. I honestly use this to my advantage though during my sessions. You’ll see.”